BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Careers & Training Needed Documents
How do I apply for Food Stamps?

To save you time, an EarnBenefits Counselor can let you know if you might qualify for Food Stamps and other benefits and also assist you with the application. To find a counselor near you, click here.

You can also apply for food stamps on your own. You can:
Your Nearest: Food Stamps Offices
Please enter your ZIP code so that EBO
can find food stamps offices in your area.

Look Out
After you submit your application, you or a member of your household will need to be interviewed by HRA.

Everyone in your household who is 18 or older must go to an HRA Office for finger-imaging.

You‘ll find out if you qualify for Food Stamps within 30 days after you submit your application.

What do I Need to Bring?
To apply for this benefit, you will need:
  • Identification for yourself and your household members
  • Proof of social security number for yourself and your household members
  • Proof of where you live
  • Proof of citizenship or immigration status for yourself and your household members
  • Proof of your household's income
  • Proof of your household's expenses, such as rent, mortgage and utilities
  • Proof of child or dependent care expenses
If you dont have regular pay stubs to prove your income, see alternatives here.

The needed documents section lists all the forms and documents you can use to prove your household's income, resources, where you live, your social security number, your citizenship or immigration status, etc.