Do I Qualify for the IT-214 Tax Credit?
You qualify for the IT-214 Tax Credit if you meet ALL of the
following eligibility criteria:
- You were a New York resident for all of the past
- You occupied the same New York residence
for at least 6 months
- You are not claimed as a
dependant on another taxpayer’s federal income tax return
- Your household gross income was
$18,000 or less
If you are a homeowner:
- Your residence must not have been exempted from real property taxes
- The current market value of all
real property you own (such as houses or garages) must not exceed $85,000
- You or your spouse must have paid real
- Any rent you received for
nonresidential use of your residence was no more than 20% of the total
rent your received.
If you are a renter:
- You or another member of your
household must have paid rent for your residence
- The average monthly rent you
paid was no more then $450.
your counselor to refer to the IT-214 Instructions for more detailed
information about determining your gross income.