BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Careers & Training Needed Documents
Administration for Children's Services Voucher (Previously ACD)

Do you need help paying for childcare?

Quick Facts
What is it?
The Administration for Children's Services (ACS) helps families pay for childcare by giving them vouchers.

What do you get?
Payments are sent directly to your childcare provider. The amount of help depends on your income and household size; some families can get free childcare, while other families must pay some of the cost of childcare.

How long do you get it?
You can get an ACS voucher as long as you still qualify, but you'll need to re-certify every year. 'Re-certify' means that you need to show ACS that you still qualify.

Look Out
There is a long waitlist for an ACS voucher. Call 311 and speak to someone from the Administration for Children's Services to put your name on the waitlist and to learn more about other programs available. Ask to get a list of public daycare centers in your area.