BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Careers & Training Needed Documents
How do I apply for HEAP?

Apply at your local HEAP office. Also, be sure to see the 'What Do I Need to Bring?' box below.

Your Nearest: HEAP Offices
Please enter your ZIP code so that EBO
can find heap offices in your area.

*All offices must be visited in person and are open Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. Call the NYC HEAP Hotline at (800) 692-0557 for more information or assistance.

What do I Need to Bring?
To apply for this benefit, you will need:
  • Identification for yourself and your household members
  • Proof of where you live
  • Proof of citizenship or immigration status
  • Proof of your household's income
  • Proof of expenses (especially fuel and utility bills)
  • Proof of resources (only if you apply for an Emergency HEAP grant)
If you dont have regular pay stubs to prove your income, see alternatives here.

The needed documents section lists all the forms and documents you can use to prove your household's income, resources, where you live, your social security number, your citizenship or immigration status, etc.

Look Out
You should hear within 30 days if your application has been approved or denied. If you have not heard within 30 days, or feel that you have been wrongly denied, you have the right to request a conference and/or fair hearing. See the ODTA's Applicant Rights Document to find out how.