BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Careers & Training Needed Documents
How do I apply for FEPS?

You must apply at an authorized FEPS organization. Call the Legal Aid Society closest to you for a list of organizations:

Upper Manhattan: 212-426-3000
Lower Manhattan: 212-577-3300
Bronx: 718-991-4758
Brooklyn: 718-722-3100
Queens: 718-286-2450
Staten Island: 718-273-6677

The organization you choose will submit your application to the state, which will determine eligibility and send an approval letter to the organization. They will then send this letter to HRA, which will pay the rent arrears directly to your landlord and begin to make monthly rent supplement payments.

This whole process can take 30 days or more.

Look Out
  • If you are receiving FEPS, you must be pre-approved before you move. There are several valid reasons for moves:
  • -- Inability to pay rent
    -- Court-ordered vacate notice
    -- Health, safety, or other compelling reasons